"What is hardware in Bahasa?"

The boss of mine often ask random questions but this got me thinking. All of sudden I remember my younger siblings' teknologi maklumat textbook that are fully in Malay and I had a hard time understanding it. Nowadays, they started learn pseudocode in primary school! Back in my school days, we do not have that subject thus I only started involving myself in IT field once I step into university.

I do enjoy Amanz website for all IT related news in Bahasa Malaysia. Really appreciate that they make a complete IT related website in proper Bahasa Malaysia just for ones that are much comfortable using the official language of Malaysia to stay updated.  


Here is some of very common IT Term that we always use in Bahasa :-


Shutdown: Tutup, Matikan

Default: Lalai (Tetapan utama)

Setting: Tetapan

Install: Pasang

Uninstall: Nyahpasang

Software: Perisian

Hardware: Perkakas, Perkakasan

Execute: Menjalankan, Jalankan

Run: Jalankan (Program, Perisian)

Tool: Alat

Hack: Godam

Design: Reka, Mereka

Download: Muat turun

Upload: Muat Naik

Batch: Kelompok, Kumpulan

Access: Akses

Copy: Salin

Paste: Tampal

Link: Pautan

Programming: Pengaturcaraan

Configuration: Konfigurasi

Connection: Sambungan

Network: Rangkaian

Database: Pangkalan Data

Delete: Padam

Error: Ralat

Bug: Pepijat

Graphical User Interface: Paparan Antaramuka Pengguna

Cloud Computing: Pengkomputeran Awan

Storage: Penyimpanan (Data, Fail)

Screenshot: Cekupan Skrin

Restart: Mulai Semula

Manual: Panduan

Log Off: Log Keluar (Sama dengan Log Out)

Program: Aplikasi, Atur Cara

Patch: Penampal



Some do sound so weird right? We are so used on using only English when come with all IT related that the malay translation sounds wrong. I would probably fail miserably if taking any of my IT paper in Bahasa Malaysia back in uni.